Social Distancing and Hygeine during current pandemic
Last updated: 02/10/20
- For the time being, it is a Government requirement for all over 11 who can to wear a face covering in church.
- Daily Mass has resumed since 5th July and it is good to see that everyone is following social distancing and hygiene requirements. 2 metres (6’6”) is still the recommended distance, with ‘1 metre+’ only where that is impossible. The church remains open daily for prayer from 10.30 to 4.00 pm.
- Hand sanitiser stations are each side of the porch, in the chancel and near the toilet.
- Please touch as few surfaces as possible with your hands.
- Only 1 person/household in porch at a time & follow the one-way signs in church.
- On Sunday one of the churchwardens will direct you to a place. Pews are marked by round white stickers alternately placed at opposite ends. Please sit where asked, though you may indicate a preference if it is available when you arrive. Only those in the same household may sit together.
- No books/leaflets are given out; please bring a Sunday bulletins with you. They can be printed (see the Worship page for latest version) or viewed on your (silenced) phone or tablet.
- There can be no singing, offertory procession, physical sign of peace or coffee afterwards until further notice. Those wishing to receive Holy Communion: please wait until directed by a churchwarden, follow the direction signs and keep your distance. If you wish to receive a blessing, please cross your hands across your chest.
- Fr Philip, alone, receives from the chalice, then stands in front of the altar rails to administer the sacred host (consecrated bread) to other communicants. Please sanitise your hands before receiving this- standing - and return the opposite side.
- If you need to use the toilet, please flush with seat closed and clean the toilet, handle, basin and door handles thoroughly with antibacterial wipes afterwards.
- After Mass on Sundays, please stay in your place until directed and leave the church straight away, unless you have a specific task such as cleaning. I will go to the churchyard (weather permitting.) Although acts of worship and officially arranged meetings in church are exempt from the 'Rule of Six' this exemption does not apply to any social gathering in church of more than 6 people from different households.
- Weekday Masses are celebrated in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel. A one way system operates during distribution of Holy Communion.